Laser Hair Removal Aftercare
Immediately after your laser hair removal treatment:
- The treated area may appear red after your session is complete. If your skin feels slightly warm, apply a cool ice pack to the treated area for 10-15 minutes when you get home. This will accelerate your skin’s recovery time after your laser hair removal treatment.
- Try to only wash with cold or tepid water for the first day after treatment while your skin is in the recovery stage. Be gentle on your skin and avoid the use of strongly scented lotions or soaps, exfoliating creams and aggressive scrubbing to the treated area as this may cause you slight discomfort.
- The redness will gradually subside over the next 24-48 hours. In some cases it lasts up to 72 hours. Until the redness has resolved, avoid all of the following,
- You may use Real Results Recovery Gel as often as you like after your laser hair removal treatment, as the active ingredient has a cool calming agent that is specially designed for laser clients. Your skin will definitely thank you for it!
- Always remember to apply your SPF 30+ sunscreen everyday to protect your skin from the sun.
Two to four weeks after your laser hair removal treatment:
- Stubble will appear within 1-4 weeks of the laser hair removal treatment. This is not hair re-growth; rather, it is the treated hair being purged from the follicle.
In preparation for all your laser hair removal treatments:
- Shave the treatment area within 12 hours of your laser hair removal appointment (this does not need to be done for consultation and patch test)